Monday 9 September 2013

A day out at the beach in Sheringham, Norfolk.

I visited Sheringham in Norfolk with Laura on Sunday and had a really nice day due to good weather, lovely fish and chips and a Danish pastry, alright company (lol) and a nice drive home along the coast road with the roof down and of course some photography.

Recently I picked up a couple of Praktica film SLR's and a few lenses as well as loads of filters and a tripod (and probably more that I've forgot), so I went on Ebay and purchased an adapter to mount M42 mount lenses onto our Olympus E-PL1. From the new but old camera bag I picked out a 28mm F2.8 lens and a polarising filter.

It's been a while since I've used a 100% manual focus lens, I usually only use manual focus when in the dark or if the auto focus/focus point is being fooled. The last time I used a manual focus lens was actually when I created the blog post featuring Laura in black and white.

It took a little getting used to but as the day went on i got a little more comfortable with the operation.

There were some great paintings on the sea defence wall, here's a few.

This ones my favourite.



There are some really colourful beach hut's on the sea front that numerous were enjoying on the day; we enjoyed taking a nosey look inside them as we walked past. Some had great names and art work.

Apparently Jabba is local!?


 I couldn't resist this weathered looking sign.

And for some reason I was drawn to these old metal signs on the wall, I know it sounds a bit weird but I knew it would make a great photo and personally i really like it.


On another note we also visited Boston in Lincolnshire, don't worry we wont be doing it again for a while. There's an impressive looking church there; St Botolph's, this is a different way of looking at it.

Thanks for looking.

Ben

2 comments:

  1. I love going to the coast - so many great images to gain as seen here.

    A great selection of images Ben, I really do enjoy your blogs.

    Tracey

    ReplyDelete