Thursday 22 November 2012

A cold Sunday in Ely. Shot in RAW

We took a trip to Ely, Cambridgeshire last Sunday to have a look around.

Luckily the weather remained dry, however it was pretty cold but as its November it was to be expected.

Ely, a city, is known for its cathedral, although I'm not a religious person i was drawn to the building due to it size; you have to admire the workmanship.


My favourite part of the day was walking by the riverside; canal boats, pubs, restaurants and fresh air, all a good combination.
Although the image contains lens flare, i used the foliage to diffuse the sunlight in order to achieve a decent exposure

One thing i didn't expect to find while walking alongside the river is what has dragged out and left on the side.
It seems I'm drawn to odd things.


I used this trip to shoot in raw for the first time. Although I've been into photography for a few years now I've never felt the need to shoot in raw.
I usually shoot in the finest quality JPEG and try to read the histogram to monitor weather the image is correctly exposed. Another good trick is to use the clipping display on the camera to show weather the image is over exposed.
On average i also shoot with negative exposure compensation, i think i must prefer darker images.

I hope you enjoy my images!

No comments:

Post a Comment