Wednesday 7 May 2014

I was Bourne to find places like this......see what i did there?

I can spell, honest.

My brother in law, Spen, told me a about an old railway tunnel in Bourne, Lincolnshire.

It is called Borne Park Tunnel.

There was no way that I could be told about something and not go looking for it.

It didn't take long to find and it wasn't disappointing, lots of cool images to take.

From what I read the tunnel was constructed and completed around 1887-1888 due to a local land owner not wanting a train line ruining the view from his mansion. The tunnel was closed in 1947. 

During World War 2 the line was closed to passengers in 1940 and was taken over by the military. It was home to a huge Railway gun called the Boche Buster which could fire shells of 1.4 tons over a range of 12 miles.

The good ol' internet supplied all of the above, personally I found the news of the big gun a cool surprise.

The lens of choice for this day was my Sigma 70-200 F2.8, im still loving it.

I wanted to capture different details of the site and the lens helped to pick out small details and patterns from the surroundings.






Awesome diffused light shining through the trees onto these steep steps carved into the bank
This lone tree caught my eye as I was leaving the site, I framed the tree and the field through branches of the shrubbery I was standing behind.


Thanks for looking.

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment