Wednesday 13 May 2020

February's Roll of Agfa Vista

Month two.

February 2020.

Agfa Vista 200 aka Pountdland film.

It's May, we're well into lockdown, my house is full of screaming kids, barking dogs and a wife intent  on decorating every room in the house all in.......NOW!

When I used to develop my own film, it always took me a while to get round to doing it, now I get it shop developed but it still takes me ages to scan and digitise the negatives.
Month's after shooting February's roll I'm trying to find time to share the images with the world.

Armed with a roll of Agfa Vista, the trusty Poundland film, of which I've still got a few rolls left in the freezer and my £10 Canon EOS 600 SLR let February begin.

One Sunday afternoon we decided to all jump in the car and take the dogs for a walk around The Walks in Kings Lynn. A perfect way to tire out a toddler and a perfect excuse to record some memories on film for me.

The day was a golden and warm one for winter; great weather for a 2 year old to explore his surroundings.

Agfa Vista photo walk in Norfolk

Agfa Vista photo walk in Norfolk

Agfa Vista photo walk in Norfolk

Agfa Vista photo walk in Norfolk

Agfa Vista photo walk in Norfolk

Agfa Vista photo walk in Norfolk

Agfa Vista photo walk in Norfolk

Using my trusty 24-105L zoom lens made following Charlie around on his travels a breeze.
It's not a lens I use much, typically only for newspaper work but when it does good it does really good.

You can't take a child to a park without going to the park.

Agfa Vista photo walk in Norfolk

Agfa Vista photo walk in Norfolk

And sometimes I get things wrong.
Faced with this backlight, with the sun behind Laura I dialled in some over exposure to combat it but it seems it wasn't enough.

With either a light leak or seriously blown out highlights right at the top of the frame.

Photo mistake on film

My next trip out was meeting up with Jasmine & Lee in Shouldham Warren.

When I'd got the 'proper' shot's of them celebrating valentines together I pulled out my film camera attached to my 24-70L lens and shot a few frames.

Norfolk Valentines Photoshoot

Norfolk Valentines Photoshoot

Norfolk Valentines Photoshoot

Shot wide open I missed focus on the last frame but the film aesthetics are still lovely!

Another month, more growing up, Florence tried food for the 1st time.
Why not document the moment.

Family photography Lincolnshire

And Charlie wanted to steal the limelight as always.

Family photography Lincolnshire

One miserable day outside, Charlie & I were stuck in doors watching Bing, probably, when I looked outside and it was snowing.

Quick!

Charlie grab your wellies.

Lincolnshire snow day

We only went as far as the driveway but Charlie had a great time experiencing snow for the 1st time.

Lincolnshire snow day

Lincolnshire snow day

Lincolnshire snow day

Lincolnshire snow day

Whereas, I've never liked the cold white stuff, I was happy to go back in the warm.

So that was February's roll and February's fun.

A few mishaps but that's what it's all about. When you can't check a shot on the back of a camera you have to wait and see what you've got and it's sometimes it's what you've missed.

I've still got a handful of Agfa Vista left in the freezer and I'm looking forward to shooting it again.

I've now got to get my arse in gear and scan March.

See you next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment